Technology requirements vary depending on the type of computer, browser, or course.
Minimum Hardware Specifications
- Use a computer no more than four years old when possible
- 2GB of RAM or higher
- 2GHz processor or higher
Minimum Operating System Requirements
- Windows 10 or newer
- Mac OSX 10.6 or newer
- Linux - ChromeOS
Mobile Operating System Native App Support
- iOS 7 or newer (versions vary by device)
- Android 4.2 or newer
Internet Connection Requirements
- Along with compatibility and web standards, Canvas has been carefully crafted to accommodate low bandwidth environments.
- Minimum of 10mbps
Supported Browsers for Canvas
Canvas operates on Windows, Mac, Linux, iOS, Android, or any other device with a modern web browser, and supports the last two versions of every browser release. For best results, your browser should be up-to-date.
Some supported browsers may still produce a banner stating "Your browser does not meet the minimum requirements for Canvas." If you have upgraded your browser and are still seeing the warning banner, try logging out of Canvas and deleting your browser cookies. For instructions on clearing your cache and deleting browser cookies, visit the help guide for Mac or PC.
For more information on browser compatibility, please visit Canvas Guides.
All PHSC students have a PHSC Mail account provided by Microsoft Office 365. Students must use the Canvas email tool to communicate their instructor on course related issues.
Instructions for Online Courses
On the first day of class:
- Open your Internet browser and go to PHSC’s website.
- Click on the myPHSC login link on the upper right of each page.
- Follow the login instructions on that page.