What is Canvas?
Canvas is a course management system that supports online learning and teaching. It allows professors to post grades, information, and assignments online. For students, Canvas is intuitive and easy to use to create and share content.
Coming Soon - New Gradebook for Instructors
Canvas Gradebook for Instructors (effective January 2020 Spring Semester)
- More menus and sorting options
- New icons and colors
- New Grade Detail Tray brings focus to individual student submission
- Improved keyboard accessibility when entering grades
- Late and missing policies that can be automatically applied to assignments (course wide)
Explore the New Gradebook
Instructors are invited to explore the new Gradebook environment in fall 2019. It is recommended instructors try it out in one course at a time to get familiar with the new features.
- In your Canvas course, click 'Settings' in the left hand menu.
- On the course settings page, click the 'Feature Options' tab.
- Click the toggle button to enable New Gradebook.